Friday, August 2, 2013

Ghiradelli - Review




Website:  http://www.ghirardelli.com/

Ahh Ghiradelli.  I used to frequent the location in San Francisco, CA during my tenure there and would get excited as a child who had just won a ticket into Willy Wonka's chocolate factory at the prospect of visiting the store.  I have known about the existence of the Chicago location for a while, but never had the opportunity to visit it until recently.  The experience was nostalgic for me, as it transported me back to the times I used to visit the San Francisco location with my wife and share an Ice Cream Sunday there.

The Chicago location seems to have a similar menu to the San Fran location, and the product quality is consistent with what you would get at the original location.  The ambiance is lacking a bit, though that is probably because I am comparing it to my experiences in San Fran.  The San Fran location is located on a slight hill overlooking the bay.  The location cannot be compared to the Chicago location that overlooks a busy street.  Regardless, Ghirardelli - Chicago is worth the visit, just come hungry.  They offer a range of different sundaes and chilled drinks.  There is also an opportunity to purchase some of the Company's products at the adjoining store which are worth a try for any lover of chocolate.

Overall, well worth the visit and calories.  Don't be surprised if you find yourself coming here frequently after your first visit.

1 comment: