Friday, August 2, 2013

Quartino Ristorante & Wine Bar - Restaurant review



Dining date:  July 27th, 2013 & others
Website:  http://www.quartinochicago.com/

Quartino's has become my Italian restaurant of choice for the summer of 2013.  Quartino's has always delivered when I am in the mood to indulge in carbohydrates.  The menu is simple, yet highly effective for communal dining.  The service is attentive though not extraordinary.  Be forewarned, during the summer months the restaurant can get very crowded.  The restaurant has no problems fitting people into every corner of their restaurant.  Not all spots are comfortable, and I have found myself squeezed into an uncomfortable spot with very little room to maneuver myself.

The menu consists of traditional Italian fare, pizza's, pasta's etc.  The portions are small AND meant to be shared, so feel free to order extra entrees.  We typically order a pizza and a few different pasta's and share everything.  The food is of a decent quality, though falls far short of some other Italian restaurants in the city.  I find myself gravitated to the restaurant more for its ambiance and the ability to try a few different things over the quality of its food product.  I am not implying that it is bad, however, the food does taste like it has been mass produced to please their carbohydrate hungry patrons.

Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for its ambiance, and the ability to try a few different dishes without getting overwhelmed with large quantities of food like other traditional Italian restaurants.


No comments:

Post a Comment